Commitment Invoices - Overview
Commitment Invoices - Overview
Suggested Prior Reading
Commitments – Overview
Relationship Between Commitment, Commitment Change Order and Commitment Invoice
Commitments List – Layout and Navigation
Search and Filter the Commitments List
View or Edit an Existing Commitment
Subcontract – Overview
View/Add/Edit Subcontract - Form Layout and Navigation
Purchase Order – Overview
View/Add/Edit Purchase Order - Form Layout and Navigation
Invoices can be created and recorded against Commitments;
· Subcontract Change Orders
· Purchase Orders
· Purchase Order Change Orders
These are referred to as Accounts Payable invoices.
Once a Subcontract, Subcontract Change Order, Purchase Order or Purchase Order Change Order is created and set to an Approved status, an Invoice can be recorded against it.
An Invoice has a Schedule of Values associated with it. The Schedule of Values will be automatically populated with the line items from the Schedule of Values for the Subcontracts and Subcontract change orders or Purchase Order and Purchase Order Change Orders that are approved.
If a Subcontract or Purchase Order Change Order is added later on, after creating one invoice, then it will manually need to be added to Invoice Schedule of Values if it is to be included on the same Invoice. Alternatively, a new Invoice can be created and then the Change Order line Schedule of Value Line items are added plus any outstanding amounts from the previous invoice.
The status of the Commitment Invoice can be set to manage the Change Order throughout its life cycle. See Commitment Invoice – Status for more information.
Commitment Change Orders appear in Commitments Calculated Totals as well as on the budget (see Overview of Budget Fields and Calculations)
Navigating to Commitment Invoices
There are different ways to view, add, edit or delete Commitment Invoices.
Depending on how the information is navigated, different lists and forms are used:
· View a summary list of all Invoices for all Commitments. The list can be searched and filtered. Individual Invoices can be viewed, edited or deleted from the list. (See Commitments – List of all Invoices).
· From the View/Add/Edit Subcontract form – For a specific Subcontract, a list of that Subcontracts Invoices can be displayed and from that list, Invoices for the Subcontract can be added, or existing ones can be viewed, edited or deleted. (see View/Add/Edit Subcontract - Form Layout and Navigation)
· From the View/Add/Edit Purchase Order form – For a specific Purchase Order, a list of that Purchase Orders Invoices s can be displayed and from that list, Invoices for the Purchase Order can be added, or existing ones can be viewed, edited or deleted. (see View/Add/Edit Purchase Order - Form Layout and Navigation)
· From the Budget (by clicking on the context sensitive Payable Invoices values in the Budget line item will display the View/Add/Edit Invoice form. The Invoice can be viewed, edited or deleted). See Overview of Budget Fields and Calculations for more information.
View/Add/Edit Form for Invoices
Once an Invoice is navigated to via the different methods, the View/Add/Edit Commitment Invoice form is how Invoices are added, viewed and edited.
The View/Add/Edit Commitment Invoice form has two different types of information which are entered via different forms:
· General Information – such as the Invoice Number, Due Date etc.
· Schedule of Values – the individual line items and values that make up the Invoice
The two different forms can be toggled between by clicking the names on the form navigation text.
Once an Invoice is approved, the Schedule of Values can not be modified.
Navigate to the list of Invoices for a Specific Commitment (to view, add, edit or delete).
Navigate to the list of all Invoices for all Commitments (to search, filter, view, edit or delete).
Add Commitment Invoice
View or Edit a Commitment Invoice
Delete a Commitment Invoice
Adding an Unbudgeted line item to the Budget