Commitment Change Orders - Overview
Commitment Change Orders - Overview
Suggested Prior Reading
Commitments – Overview
Relationship Between Commitment, Commitment Change Order and Commitment Invoice
Commitments List – Layout and Navigation
Search and Filter the Commitments List
View or Edit an Existing Commitment
Subcontract – Overview
View/Add/Edit Subcontract - Form Layout and Navigation
Purchase Order – Overview
View/Add/Edit Purchase Order - Form Layout and Navigation
Change Orders can be created for Commitments (Subcontracts and Purchase Orders) to track and manage changes to the original approved Commitment.
Once a Commitment is created, a Change Order can be added to it. A Change Order can be created for a Commitment that is in any status.
The status of the Commitment Change Order can be set to manage the Change Order throughout its life cycle. See Commitment Change Order – Status for more information.
Commitment Change Orders appear in Commitments Calculated Totals as well as on the budget (see Overview of Budget Fields and Calculations)
Navigating to Commitment Change Orders
There are different ways to view, add, edit or delete Commitment Change Orders.
Depending on how the information is navigated, different lists and forms are used:
· View a summary list of all Change Orders for all Commitments. The list can be searched and filtered. Individual Change Orders can be viewed, edited or deleted from the list. (See Commitments – List of all Change Orders).
· From the View/Add/Edit Subcontract form – For a specific Subcontract, a list of that Subcontracts Change Orders can be displayed and from that list, Change Orders for the Subcontract can be added, or existing ones can be viewed, edited or deleted. (see View/Add/Edit Subcontract - Form Layout and Navigation)
· From the View/Add/Edit Purchase Order form – For a specific Purchase Order, a list of that Purchase Orders Change Orders can be displayed and from that list, Change Orders for the Purchase Order can be added, or existing ones can be viewed, edited or deleted. (see View/Add/Edit Purchase Order - Form Layout and Navigation)
· From the Budget (by clicking on a context sensitive Commitment Change Order values in the Budget line item will display the View/Add/Edit Change Order form. The Change Order can be viewed, edited or deleted.) See Overview of Budget Fields and Calculations for more information.
View/Add/Edit Form for Change Orders
Once a Change Order is navigated to via the different methods, the View/Add/Edit Commitment Change Order form is how Change Orders are added, viewed and edited.
The View/Add/Edit Commitment Change Order form has two different types of information which are entered via different forms:
· General Information – such as the Change Order Number, Due Date etc.
· Schedule of Values – the individual line items and values that make up the Change Order
The two different forms can be toggled between by clicking on the form navigation menu text.
The line items on the Change Order Schedule of Values will also appear in Invoices, to be invoiced against.
Once a Change Order is Approved, only the General information can be modified. The Schedule of Values can’t be modified. The Status can be changed back to Draft or another status in order to edit it, although this is not recommended. Once a Change Order is Approved, if additional changes occur a new Change Order should be raised for tracking and management purposes. An Approved Change Order however, may needed to be edited in circumstances of fixing errors or incorrect information.
Navigate to the list of Change Orders for a Specific Commitment (to view, add, edit or delete).
Navigate to the list of all Change Orders for all Commitments (to search, filter, view, edit or delete).
Add Commitment Change Order
View or Edit a Commitment Change Order
Delete a Commitment Change Order.
Adding an Unbudgeted line item to the Budget